Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jim Walther Checks In

Dennis: Great to hear from you!

I have had a very busy life since I left Clearfield--but I still remember how great it was to grow up in Clearfield. Recently I was talking with a member of our United Way Steering committee about the opportunity to explore the mountains and streams around Clearfield.

Since I departed Clearfield I have completed a 21 year career in the US Army and a 25year career with the University of Texas at Arlington. I am married, have four daughters and 11 grandkids--that all live outside of Texas.

I wanted something to keep me off the streets when I retired from the University, so I started a foundation that is the propenent for Americas Promise in Arlington Texas. I am still working 60 hour weeks --but no paycheck. I could use some guidance.

How are you doing? I know you have been active in keeping our CHS class informed and saw your name come up a couple of times. BTW: Jerriann Jury Nielson, my cousin, just found me on Facebook. ...Also Amos Hixon who lives in Keller --about 20 miles from here--came on my Facebook.

Look forward to your reply, Jim.

Editor's Note - Jim sure is looking great, isn't he? Wonderful to hear from him after all these years.

No comments: