Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Message to Class of '59 from Tom O'Day


I received the following message from Tom O'Day (via Judi Rolley White) that he wishes posted on our blog.  My apologies to Tom.  I received this back in late November, 2013 and thought it had been published, but just found it tonight sitting in a draft file!!



                                A Note To The Class From Tom O'Day

A quote from a card I received when my brother Ed passed away, "And by memories that live in our hearts", brings me to thank our class for the past five reunions.

I was able to see my brother more in the last 5 years than in the previous 10 due to our "never ending" class reunions.

These are now "precious moments".



                                 Thanks to you all, Tom 

What a beautiful sentiment!!  I could not agree with Tom more!  It is often said at our reunion meetings that we don't really need the reunions - let's just keep on having our meetings!!  I have personally thoroughly enjoyed every meeting, dinner and reunion that I have been able to get to!  Reconnecting to old friends and sharing the old stories and memories that we each have - has been priceless.  It always amazes me to find out that some event that was such a big deal to some folks in the past, is barely remembered by others that shared the same event!


No comments: