Sunday, March 2, 2008

Now This Becomes Even More Fun - Orvie Has Notes!

Received the following e-mail Friday from our classmate Orvis Kline - the man behind the camera for the preponderance of photos in the 1957, 1958, 1959 editions of The Bison. Because he comments on photos which appear on this website, I am breaking his email into segments and republishing the photos to which he refers.
- Dennis Mollura
_____________________________

Hi Denny,
Really great to hear from you!! I wanted to get a quick note back to you so you know I received it and wasn't ignoring you (:~). I'll have more time once wrestling season concludes (for me) this weekend (Regionals).

(Editor's note - Orvis has been a high school wrestling referee for many years in Southeastern Pennsylania and beyond - not surprising, since he hails from the "Cradle of High School Wrestling in Pennsylvania.")

Here's some info I sent to Peggy Jo in an email:

I 've been tuning in to the Blog since you (Peggy Jo) alerted me to it and just love it! (I even made a comment last night!). As I said there - those old pictures really bring back memories! So far - all of the ones shown as "Bison Photo" were taken by me!

Since I was taking a correspondence photography course at the time, I was trying to do my yearbook photos "the professional way." Which meant that I kept notes on most of the photos I took. That includes almost all of the school/event photos that appeared in the Bison during my years as "Bison Photographer".

Actually - the only time I wasn't taking pictures for the Bison was early sophomore year and for about a month our senior year. I have spent about 6 hours going through unpacked boxes looking for that stuff (I never throw anything away!) - but so far I've only found one notebook (just last night), but no pictures or yearbooks! My notes in that one confirm the names posted so far for "Shelf Day."

The only photos that I hope to find are just some originals from Bison photos. Mr. Weidner was pretty strict on keeping any Bison photos - so I mostly had to give everything to him.
- Orvis Kline

No comments: