Monday, March 10, 2008

Linda Smith Vindicates Wilbur - Maybe

Seated is Judy McKinn - Linda Smith (on arm of chair), Howard Robison, (Linda's date) and Ron Taylor (Judy's date). But where's Wilbur?

Wil, You are not crazy for I can remember the Girl Scout dances. I have enclosed a picture taken at one of the dances. These dances were held at the old Music Academy where Bennet and Houser Funeral Home is now located. I am not sure who our leader was at the time but it had to be either Sherman McDowell's mom or Ginny McKendrick (McKenzie??) who either worked at Leitzinger's Store or was one of the family. ...We played our 45's and also had refreshments. I can't believe we were the only ones there. Hope this helps in some way to prove your sanity.

Finally, a break for a grateful Wilbur:

Linda, Bless your heart. You've saved me. I hope you don't mind but I've got to forward your email to Denny Mollura. This is too good and from an unimpeachable source. You have restored my credibility!

He then chides Mollura:

Here you go, you old goat! ... Never quite as sharp as you thought. Actually, I don't think I ever went to the old Music Academy. I think I went to the meeting room over Smith's Camera Shop.

Dennis:

Poor guy! Doesn't know to quit when he's ahead. Linda throws him a life preserver and he tosses it back. "Actually, I don't think I ever went to the old Music Academy. I think I went to the meeting room over Smith's Camera Shop" (which, of course, no one else remembers or even mentions).

No comments: