Saturday, April 14, 2007

More news from Joyce Moody Fletcher

Denny,
I had a request, this morning, from Peggy Jo Knepp Thompson for the e-mail address for our CHS website and I sent her a copyof your original e-mail dated 04/04 with this info. But, before I sent that to her - I went "exploring" to check it out and found it.

Have to assume that you have put my "notes" from the first planning meeting on the "blog" - for which I thank you. I'm not completely "comfortable" with this amazing machine that takes up so much of my retired time - and therefore really hesitant to attempt entering on the blog. You had offered your help and I'm extremely grateful. My friend, Mick, is very confident with the computer and he has taught me a lot. I'll approach him, this weekend, to sit down with me and get me on that site so that I can communicate with y'all.

One other note, I was very upset when I saw the dumpster outside the former Natoli's Restaurant (ate a lot of pasta there since we moved here in 1957) - I assumed they were going to totally raze the building. But, as fate would have it, they only "gutted it" and actually did a very nice job of "remodeling" and converted it into a garage. Do you remember, by any chance, was it originally a garage and they converted it into a restaurant?? Also, while employed at the Pa. Dept. of Public Welfare, I worked with one of the"Natoli daughters" - Helena Natoli Valenza. She still lives in Clfd. a few blocks below my Mother on West Side.

Again, my sincere thanks for putting the 1st meeting notes on our class website. I've written personal notes to a few classmates asking them if they have home computers to provide me with their e-mail addresses. Had one returned so far - Patrick Trimpey - which I forwarded to both you and Wil. Hoping for more cooperation, and planning to write next to Joyce Schultz Fuge, our Class of '59 President, to encourage her participation.

Visited by phone, yesterday, with Bonnie Henchbarger Powell, and she informed me that Gary Bolton is in the DuBois Hospital to have "stents" inserted and if that doesn't work he faces open heart surgery. I'm sending him a card from the class. Also, Joyce Billotte DiFelice lost her mother this past week. I'll send her a sympathy card.

I must remember to ask Herb (next time we talk) about his brother-in-law, Ron "Sam" Potter - Sam also had open heart surgery at DuBois Hospital recently (several bypasses) . Sam & wife, Claire (Herb's sister) now live in St. Marys.Enough rambling for now. Thanks, Joyce

No comments: