Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wil Shirey responds to Joyce Moody Fletcher's meeting notes

Joyce,
Thank you so much for sending your "unofficial" minutes of the meeting. I think the country club would be a great place to have the 50th. Would that keep some people away? I don't know. On the other hand, it might draw some people like Giles Lanager who has played golf since he was 4 like Tiger Woods. I would love to see him. He was a lot of fun. We could meet at the first tee, and have the golf team, Joyce Undercofler, June Anderson, Bonnie Wilson, and Giles Lanager tee off after being properly introduced. Great fun!

I will happily co-chair the entertainment committee with Suzy. We had as much fun preparing for the Bash as we had the night of. What a hoot! I will drop her a note and let her know that I have volunteered. I agree with the background music that Joyce U suggested. No need to pay someone for music that no one dances to anyway. If we're going to have a favor of some kind, I think there should be a committee to review suggestions, perhaps chaired by Patty McCoy Livelsberger. Karen and I have a thought or two on that.

Please add Jerriann Jury to the list you give Inspector O'Day for tracking down some of our “lost” classmates. We need help from the Cheerleaders to lead a cheer at the reunion. In that regard, I will write to Barb Ondo Skripek and Joyce Amon Michaels.

Peggy Jo will surely have a long list of potential performances. In fact, she may want to audition for the entertainment committee. I'm sure she will be happy to participate. Suzy Nagle told me a funny story before the Bash about she and Bev Caldwell Law going to a dance school with Peggy Jo. After the class, she and Bev would come out of the class looking all frazzeled, red-faced and out of breath, and Peggy Jo left without any trace of stress and every hair in place. We were blessed to have many special people in our class and Peggy Jo was one of them. What fun! That's it for now. I have the 23rd of June on my calendar and Karen and I will be there.

You're the best,
Wil

No comments: